Goat w chickens/ducks

If you'll read through even a few threads on a single page, you'll find lots of people keep chickens and goats.

I had a rooster that I re-homed to some people. His best friends in his new home were a basset hound and a goat.

Many do....main concern is to keep goats from gorging on chicken feed,
it can make them very sick and can be very hard to keep them away from it.
This. You need to get creative sometimes to keep the goats from getting to the chicken feed. They're very persistent. And strong. And persistent.

I keep my goats, chickens and ducks in the same shed, the ducks and chickens can get everywhere, the goats are only in their pen. The chickens and ducks climb over or under to get to the goat area. Goats will eat all your poultry feed and end up sick or dying, so make sure they can't get to the feed.

Wont work. Goats will eat anything they can get access too, especially chicken feed. Unless you can get the chicken feed in a place where goats can't get it in, goats will eat it.

Our poultry free range and a small portion of the flock decided they like living in the barn with the goats so they do, we put their feed in the hay loft, they have a ladder to hop up and down if they like. So out of goat range for sure. We also have sheep, pigs, quail, free range rabbits and a pair of ducks in the same barn. Never had any problems. For the ducks and rabbits all the stalls have a escape hole for the rabbits/ducks so they can go in whatever stalls(sheep/pig/quail/buck) they want and eat what they like.

Back
Top Bottom