Goats about to kid! Yeah!

Duckfarmer1

Crowing
Jul 23, 2019
Kane,Pa
So...I have two adorable goats...Busty, Nigerian Dwarf mix and Stormy, a Pygmy Mix. The buck is full ND. They are both due to kid this week...if we did the math right. Let’s put it this way..they were both exposed to our buck exactly 145 days ago...so, Stormy should be due today, as she is a small breed. And, Busty should be due in 5 days. But, it’s not an entirely sure thing when they are exposed for awhile. I’m going to guess Stormy’s date is more accurat. Busty has been sick. She developed toxemia. That means that the kids are stealing her nutrition and she could act die, they all could if not treated carefully. Luckily, I had been watching her, and getting help on our sister site, BYH. The vet, and forum friends told me how to treat her. She is definitely more perky..but it’s not something that be treated once and done. But...that’s what being a goat mom...an animal mom, is about. We’ve got our kidding stalling ready, got my kidding bag ready, got all my, hopefully unnecessary bag of scarey medicines...I’ve watched a million YouTube videos. So, I thought I’d make a post on here so I could show you all some pictures of my girls, while I wait anxiously..and then some adorable kid pictures once everything happens!! Busty is the brown one, Stormy is black. :)
D76CC978-1E90-45A0-9217-FB3BA3A1E728.jpeg
9D4FD14C-34FF-48DB-A24E-F75C588686C0.jpeg
71423A50-FBDD-48BD-9794-74D01FCC9F26.jpeg
D1F34535-6329-4990-89C5-D26537ABADF4.jpeg
34066803-C6D9-4907-AC64-C75C9F57201D.jpeg
81BECB6A-20DE-4107-AC84-15F1AB442D8E.jpeg

So...I have two adorable goats...Busty, Nigerian Dwarf mix and Stormy, a Pygmy Mix. The buck is full ND. They are both due to kid this week...if we did the math right. Let’s put it this way..they were both exposed to our buck exactly 145 days ago...so, Stormy should be due today, as she is a small breed. And, Busty should be due in 5 days. But, it’s not an entirely sure thing when they are exposed for awhile. I’m going to guess Stormy’s date is more accurat. Busty has been sick. She developed toxemia. That means that the kids are stealing her nutrition and she could act die, they all could if not treated carefully. Luckily, I had been watching her, and getting help on our sister site, BYH. The vet, and forum friends told me how to treat her. She is definitely more perky..but it’s not something that be treated once and done. But...that’s what being a goat mom...an animal mom, is about. We’ve got our kidding stalling ready, got my kidding bag ready, got all my, hopefully unnecessary bag of scarey medicines...I’ve watched a million YouTube videos. So, I thought I’d make a post on here so I could show you all some pictures of my girls, while I wait anxiously..and then some adorable kid pictures once everything happens!! Busty is the brown one, Stormy is black. :)View attachment 2013759View attachment 2013760View attachment 2013762View attachment 2013763View attachment 2013764View attachment 2013765
Those ladies look very ready...they're huge! :eek:Wishing you and your does the best with their kiddings!

Awwwww I miss my goats! :hit Life is not the same...so happy for you!
We just got an offer to buy more goats! Six more!! Great price too! We have a lot of thinking to do...we’d have to move fast..not really any extra barn room now... but, we are buying three mini pigs! They was always in the plan! We found them at the same farm..great deal..cute pigs! We’ll probably get more chickens too! Plus we bought five more chickens today also! Now we have 40! We’re trying to get in at our local store!!

Awwww, yeah I always wanted pigs too..but goat kids are the cutest things ever!
I'm downsizing..well I was but I sure miss having goats, I may have to make room somewhere. :wee

We just got an offer to buy more goats! Six more!! Great price too! We have a lot of thinking to do...we’d have to move fast..not really any extra barn room now... but, we are buying three mini pigs! They was always in the plan! We found them at the same farm..great deal..cute pigs! We’ll probably get more chickens too! Plus we bought five more chickens today also! Now we have 40! We’re trying to get in at our local store!!
Well, we already have 3 pot belly pigs..and it was always the plan to get more to breed, as ours are old...so this is exciting because they are only 5mths old!

Awwww, yeah I always wanted pigs too..but goat kids are the cutest things ever!
I'm downsizing..well I was but I sure miss having goats, I may have to make room somewhere. :wee
Sorry you are downsizing...it would be great if you could find room to get goats again..they are the best!!

Back
Top Bottom