Goats and Chickens

Love reading all of this! My buff and I are seriously considering retiring and buying a farm. Our husbands think we are crazy. She loves goats. I love chickens. This makes it all seem doable. Imma send her a link to this thread.
:)
We are happier out here on this old farm than anywhere we've lived and we've moved a lot. My husband is retired DOD which is much like being in the military. We are blessed to have had some great experiences but this is definitely the life for us. I am remodeling the whole place and loving it. We do everything at our own pace. The grandkids get to experience country life and the freedom of going outside to play. Our place can't be seen from the road. I go out in my jammies all the time! The only real downside is that the internet stinks!!

One of my neighbors didn't think so! :oops:

And was even thinking about calling child protective services on me because they thought there were real kids over here getting locked out or something. :p

Now I know why they're called kids! :D
Too funny!! I couldn't imagine having like legit neighbors with these squealers!! Our neighbors are all at a distance. The goats are spoiled rotten. We do have lots of stuff for them to brows on though. I'm working on a way to have mobile fencing so we can keep them in certain areas long enough to do the clean up we need. This place had sat empty for quite a while. Lots of fence line to clear and poison ivy!!

One of my neighbors didn't think so! :oops:

And was even thinking about calling child protective services on me because they thought there were real kids over here getting locked out or something. :p

Now I know why they're called kids! :D
Too funny!! I couldn't imagine having like legit neighbors with these squealers!! Our neighbors are all at a distance. The goats are spoiled rotten. We do have lots of stuff for them to brows on though. I'm working on a way to have mobile fencing so we can keep them in certain areas long enough to do the clean up we need. This place had sat empty for quite a while. Lots of fence line to clear and poison ivy!!

I had two pygmy goats who shared the run with my chickens for years. The only problem I ever had was trying to keep the goats out of the chicken feed. :)
And yes, goats can really do serious damage to your trees if they can get to them. Mine ate my two young pear trees :barnie
But they were adorable, so they got away with it :D
Oh yes, they can do some damage!!

We keep our chickens with our Nubian and Pygmy. They used to be in separate pens but my girls would just keep finding their way over to the goat pens. In our case the Nubian keeps them safe from coyotes at night. Only issue we have had is goats eating our girls food so we have to adjust frequency and amount accordingly. Debating putting an additional feeder inside the coop to make sure they get plenty but they’ve been healthy and happy this way for several years.

Attachments

• 7B48769B-7D6C-445C-9B46-2E99278748A6.jpeg
    7B48769B-7D6C-445C-9B46-2E99278748A6.jpeg
    805.5 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom