goats and sheep question answered. thanks!!

Quote:
thanks, the goat mineral block is a good idea! My goats love to climb!!! DH will have to build them something to climb or jump on! and as for grazing on alfalfa, I think we just have to be smart about it! Like you suggested! I also have areas to separate them. goats live to eat so I never have problems getting them to come to me!

Last edited:
zatsdeb, just watch for the first few days and make sure you dont have athletic sheep, also make sure all the goats learn how to use it. You may have to show them
wink.png

The alfalfa is safe as long as they dont get a belly full - they will bloat. A good way to do it is to feed them plenty of hay in the morning, let them out on the alfalfa for an hour or two, bring them back in, and every day leave them out there a little longer. We dont have the facilities to do that with large sheep mobs (ie several hundred sheep in each mob) so what we do is give them a dry bale of cereal hay in their paddock, let them fill up on that and then move them in the afternoon to the alfalfa, they wont be over hungry so they wont gorge, and always provide the same dry cereal hay in the alfalfa paddock, they will self regulate when they need it.

Back
Top Bottom