1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Goats As Road Kill

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by SarahFair, Aug 30, 2011.

1. SarahFair

SarahFair Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Ive heard a saying "Ive seen cows, horses, deer, chickens, squirrels all hit in the road, but Ive never seen a goat!"
    ..come to think of it... Neither have I.

Have you?

2. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    Close. I was driving a very busy two lane highway one time, and saw a large goat on the side of the road. She was alive, thankfully. I started going around to homes in the area until I found the grateful owners. They said they'd been trying to catch her for three days. Guess they did, finally, I didn't see her again.

3. SarahFair

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Im wondering if they really are smart enough not to freak out and run into traffic

4. Haviris2

Haviris2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    I've seen one, but I'm actually guessing it fell out of a trailer, it was a pretty young baby. Also saw a piglet in a similar situation.

My favorite goat of all time was killed when she was run over, it was my sister that ran over her, it didn't actually kill her, she died of complications from surgery after.

5. Two Creeks Farm

Two Creeks Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Hedgesville, WV
    A few years back.....came across one hit and dead. The other was by its side. I tried finding the owner and finally found a house with a pen. Couldnt get close to the goat, and it wasnt leaving the dead one. I drug the dead one off the road near the pen and left...all I could do.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  6. SarahFair

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Interesting...

And its sad how bonded they get with herd mates [​IMG]

7. Bantamlover23

Bantamlover23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2008
    Chuluota, FL
    I had a goat named Highway because we found him by a major highway.

8. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

just found this thread, I guess you really got their goat.lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by