Goats - HELP NAME our new Doe

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ThreeBoysChicks, May 12, 2010.

1. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Songster

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    I did not post when it happened, but 2 weeks ago our goats somehow got the stall door open into the back of the barn and managed to get into a bag of chicken feed. All 4 goats had been eating it, but that evening when I found them our Nigerian Dwarf Whether (Yogi) and our Black Lamancha Doe (Jasmine) were the worst. I contacted our vet who had them on a series of things to help them through the situation. Yogi survived although he was touch and go. Unfortunately, Jasmine did not make it.

Danny and Daisy are best buddies, born 1 day apart at the same farm.

Yogi and Jasmine were buds. Now that Jasmine is gone, Yogi is always alone often times off by himself. So we had to get him a new friend, which brings us to the happy part of this message and the real reason I posted. Help us name Yogi new girl friend. We put a deposit on her and she will be 2 months old 6/18/2010. We will be bringing her home that weekend.

Here she is:

[​IMG]

2. Rin

Rin Songster

Oct 22, 2009
    Moonglade (EU)
    Either Booboo to go with Yogi or perhaps Lily to keep in the theme of flower named females? [​IMG]

3. hcammack

hcammack Crowing

Oct 5, 2007
    Vermont
    I like Violet as a name for a goat I had a dog named Violet once and for some reason she looks like a violet to me. Will you breed her and milk her?

Henry

4. arabianequine

arabianequine Crowing

Apr 4, 2010
    aaawwwh look at her long ears how cute....rose or rosey would work to

5. rodriguezpoultry

rodriguezpoultry Langshan Lover

Jan 4, 2009
    Claremore, OK
    Berra

Cindy (was the name of Yogi's girlfriend on the cartoon!) [​IMG]

6. key west chick

key west chick Songster

May 31, 2008
    Gainesville, GA
    Penelope

7. SarahFair

SarahFair Songster

Sep 23, 2008
    Monroe, Ga
    Nala [​IMG]

8. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Songster

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Henry - If anything I would like to breed her to a Nigerian Dwarf and get Mini Nubians

Quote:

9. ThreeBoysChicks

ThreeBoysChicks Songster

Sep 19, 2007
    Thurmont, MD
    Any other suggestions?

10. Skyesrocket

Skyesrocket Songster

Mar 20, 2008
    So sorry about your goats. The new doe is beautiful! Very feminine looking! Violet is pretty, or Lady, or Girlie Girl.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: