Goats Scared Me To Death

terrilhb

Crowing
11 Years
Dec 11, 2010
Georgia
I fed my 5 goats tonight. Everyone was there. And healthy. I came into the house. My DH goe:he But Os out to collect eggs. I go out at my normal time about 20 mins ago to lock up chickens. I see 1 doe. I am supposed to have 3. My bucks are in there pen and house and all my chickens and guinea's are there. But I am missing 2 girls. I am outside yelling for the 2. 1 is Sara and the other is Speckles. Sara is the mom and Speckles is her baby 3 months old. I keep calling them. But they dont come or yell back to me. I am ready to call the police. I know someone stole 2 of my girls. I am devastated and angry I run in the house yelling to my DH and my DS. They tell me to calm down and relax. No my girls are gone. I am ready to call the police. We are all outside with flashlights and lanterns calling and looking. I am looking in coops and everywhere. But still missing 2 girls. I am devastated. I am yelling call the police. My DH comes home asking what is wrong? I tell her someone stole 2 of my girls. She gets to looking. She finds them. Both mom and daughter laying against a woodpile ignoring me. Why? They always come running when I call I don't understand. But anyway all are good. My DH and kids think I am crazy and overreacte but they normally always come running till tonight. Dam _ Goats. Why do they do this to me? But I still love them. Just don't understand. Noone else understands how I felt. They feel I overreacted wanting to call the police. But if they were gone than what

I know exactly what you mean, when I had my first set of babies they were twin boys, one day I went out to check on them and no babies any where, I looked everywhere, in all the buildings, just frantic, I thought for sure that someone had stolen them.

I ran (actually waddled) back to the house as quickly as I could, told my companion that they were missing and that I had looked everywhere, he went with me to look again, I was ready to call the police when I just happen to think to look inside the chihuahua's old dog house, very small, very, very small door.

Sure enough both boys were sleeping, perferctly contented inside this way to tiny little house.

We almost had baby boy burgers for supper that night, I was so upset and then so relieved to find them.

My poor companion knows I'm nuts about the animals (actually he just thinks I'm nuts) so he tries to keep me calm when they go missing.

So dont feel alone.
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom