goats too!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by ChickenLittle09, Sep 8, 2009.

1. ChickenLittle09

ChickenLittle09 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2009
    California
    [​IMG]

This is one of our youngest she has a twin brother but he's all black and took off running when I came out with the camera. Anyone else have goats? [​IMG]

2. texascowboy1979

texascowboy1979 Chillin' With My Peeps

OMGoodness... You have goats... Welcome to the family... Ive got 38 little monsters... They are Spanish Boar crosses... I get a good meat and milk ratio... the only problem is Twins... they twin offen... When they Twin, the milk is split in two, duh, but they dont grow to a good size... normally, culling one of the offspring allows the other to get full milk production and grow to a great size..

One goat had twins... the little male was exactly what I was trying to produce... but he had a twin sister that was ok, and I knew he was not going to grow the size I wanted... unfortunatlly, my dog showed up one morning in our yard eatting my little goats sister... I got rid of the dog, and my little billy male now started getting full milk production... HE IS HUGE!!!...

The other set of twins I did not cull one, and they are both have the size they should be by now and they dont have much meat on them.

3. texasbartrambaby

texasbartrambaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 3, 2008
    Tulia, Texas
    We have goats!!!! [​IMG]

2 Kinders - we use them for milk. They are a meat/milk type goat but we just use them for the milk. We'll see when we have to breed them next year.

We also do the boer show goat thing. I think we are getting four little wethers tomorrow night if DH's information is correct.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by