goats wont quit crying over their dogs.

agnes_day

Songster
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
oklahoma
so one of my neighbors poisoned both of my dogs..now my goats will NOT quit crying for anything..they are ok if i go out there and play for a bit and throw some chicken scratch down for them to dig for but other than that, they are wondering around calling for the dogs.
hit.gif

will they ever stop? its so sad, but its also going to annoy the entire neighborhood at this point.

That is really sad.
sad.png
I think after awhile they will start to cry less. I hope the neighbor gets arrested for animal cruelty for the poisoning.

somad.gif
I would put them closer to where the neighbor is who poisoned their dogs! (on your side of the fence of course...and watch them to make sure that butt-hat doesn't try to poison your goats too!)
Let that neighbor hear their sadness! ETA: And maybe hang a sign on their necks that say we miss our doggies!

Last edited:
oh i know they can hear, and i hope they know its their fault too.
i just dont know how to make them happy again..i never knew goats were really this rigid in their social structure, or whatever it is.
poor things
sad.png
if they werent so messy i would let them inside.

thanks everyone..they are so sad!
the strangest thing ever was this though..i went out there to calm them down, and my hens and little red rooster came over! they just stood there looking at me with the goats, i wish i wouldve had a camera..its like they all know something is missing. that sounds goofy but it really does.
i have to say, this is probably the saddest birthday ive had in a very long time, thats for sure!
hit.gif

What kind of "neighbor" poisons your dogs! what!?! That is so sad, I am sad and mad for you and your goaties! My goats would be sad without the dogs, well It hink the dogs would miss them more than they would miss the dogs... but still, your poor babies!

please put all of our minds at ease and tell us that you are at least contacting the authorities over the dog poisoning. I don't know how I would make it through the day. What kind of monsters do you ahve for neighbors? They should be in jail for cruelty for animals and probably some other charges. OMG I would be upset beyond belief.

major hugs for you and your poor baby goaties!
hugs.gif

I am so, so sorry. Is there any chance that you could/would consider getting them/you a new dog or two? Of course, you should wait until those wretched neighbors have gotten their comeuppance...

Back
Top Bottom