goats wont quit crying over their dogs.

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by agnes_day, Mar 30, 2009.

1. agnes_day

agnes_day Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    so one of my neighbors poisoned both of my dogs..now my goats will NOT quit crying for anything..they are ok if i go out there and play for a bit and throw some chicken scratch down for them to dig for but other than that, they are wondering around calling for the dogs. [​IMG]
    will they ever stop? its so sad, but its also going to annoy the entire neighborhood at this point.

2. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    That is really sad. [​IMG] I think after awhile they will start to cry less. I hope the neighbor gets arrested for animal cruelty for the poisoning.

3. M@M@2four

[email protected]@2four Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    USA
    OH MY WORD!! SO SORRY!!! [​IMG] Do you have any idea who it was??? I'd prosecute!!!

4. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    [​IMG] I would put them closer to where the neighbor is who poisoned their dogs! (on your side of the fence of course...and watch them to make sure that butt-hat doesn't try to poison your goats too!)
    Let that neighbor hear their sadness! ETA: And maybe hang a sign on their necks that say we miss our doggies!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2009
  5. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    oh i know they can hear, and i hope they know its their fault too.
    i just dont know how to make them happy again..i never knew goats were really this rigid in their social structure, or whatever it is.
    poor things [​IMG] if they werent so messy i would let them inside.

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:what she said!

7. HennysMom

HennysMom Keeper of the Tiara

oh honey.... I'm so sorry [​IMG]

Give them some time, they need to mourn just like people do. Just give them some extra attention and love on them.

8. agnes_day

Aug 29, 2008
    oklahoma
    thanks everyone..they are so sad!
    the strangest thing ever was this though..i went out there to calm them down, and my hens and little red rooster came over! they just stood there looking at me with the goats, i wish i wouldve had a camera..its like they all know something is missing. that sounds goofy but it really does.
    i have to say, this is probably the saddest birthday ive had in a very long time, thats for sure! [​IMG]

9. sparkles2307

sparkles2307 Terd of Hurtles

What kind of "neighbor" poisons your dogs! what!?! That is so sad, I am sad and mad for you and your goaties! My goats would be sad without the dogs, well It hink the dogs would miss them more than they would miss the dogs... but still, your poor babies!

10. lisahaschickens

lisahaschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Vancouver, WA
    please put all of our minds at ease and tell us that you are at least contacting the authorities over the dog poisoning. I don't know how I would make it through the day. What kind of monsters do you ahve for neighbors? They should be in jail for cruelty for animals and probably some other charges. OMG I would be upset beyond belief.

major hugs for you and your poor baby goaties! [​IMG]

I am so, so sorry. Is there any chance that you could/would consider getting them/you a new dog or two? Of course, you should wait until those wretched neighbors have gotten their comeuppance...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by