Goats!!!

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by minichicks05, Mar 5, 2016.

1. minichicks05

minichicks05 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2015
    Ok I contacted a breeder and they will be here after the 22nd!!!
    2 nubian does. She said they are being bottle fed so will I have to feed them in a bottle?
    [​IMG]

2. oldhenlikesdogs

oldhenlikesdogs Spring Dreaming Premium Member

Jul 16, 2015
    central Wisconsin
    You will need to ask the person you are getting them from, what age will they be and are they weaned.

3. minichicks05

Sep 23, 2015
    Ok thanks. Early birthday present for them!! [​IMG]

4. waddles99

waddles99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2013
    NJ
    Congratulations. Nubians are a nice breed, good milkers too. Can be loud in my experience. I love the babies, they are so cute with their floppy ears. Bottle babies are typically more people friendly as opposed to dam raised. They have developed a bond with humans. Of course, this also means that they are more clingy and will call to you every time they see you(as i mentioned above they are a loud breed). I would try to get them already weaned off the bottle and eating grain. You will need to take notice as to what hay and grain the breeder is feeding. They can be sensitive to change. Take a bale of the breeders hay with you, and then slowly mix in your own. Make sure they are up to date on shots and wormer.

5. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    In case anyone is interested, I know someone who has some very beautiful high quality Nubian kids for sale in California.

6. youngdeer

youngdeer New Egg

May 16, 2016
    Hello everyone, I am trying to find someone that is trying to re home their goats . My father in law is trying to get about three of more if possible. Cheap or free , we are trying to start a farm . If any one knows anything about where I can get some goat please reply .

7. minichicks05

Sep 23, 2015
    Where do you live? If U live in IL like I do I got them from lake Sai farm.

8. waddles99

waddles99 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2013
    NJ
    NEVER buy free or cheap goats. A quality, healthy goat will be $200+. When people are selling below that or giving away for free, you can be sure that they have some problems. Disease, temperament, or other problems. You get what you pay for.

9. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    It doesn't cost any more to feed a good quality animal than it does to feed a poor quality one. My concern when people are asking for free or cheap animals of any species is that if they can't afford to pay for it, how are they going be able to afford to care for it?

10. minichicks05

Sep 23, 2015
    The lady I got mine from were 300 each and I have 3 from her and two others.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by