Goats?

i have all different kinds, and i don't know if there is a BAD choice...
but i think you should look into a saanen. gentle, friendly personality - great milkers. plus, they are just so beautiful, and the babies are no problem to sell.
smile.png

Nubians are probably the most popular goat throughout the US.

I have Nubians and La Manchas, many people just can't get over the La Mancha ears though.

I always recommend Nubians to first timers. They are easy to find, easy to find mates for, and easy to find other people with the breed.

goats4.jpg

The 4 smaller does were born last April. Left to right - Lilah, Violet, Wattles, Bonnie, and Penny.

goats5.jpg

The large white ones are their mothers, Lilah and Cindy.

goats6.jpg

The two on the left are mother and daughter, Lilah and Violet. The two in the middle are mother and daughter, Cindy and Penny. The small one on the far left is a sister to the big one on the far right from a different kidding. Her name is Wattles.

goats7.jpg

Lilah on the left is my favorite. She is saanan/nubian and was bred to a nubian for her kids. Cindy, the other big doe on the right, is a saanan-tog/nubian bred to a nubian.

The big girls weigh in at 150+ pounds. They each give 1 gallon of milk twice a day when I am milking them.

Goodness Miss Prissy, what do you do with all that milk?

Y'all are killing me, I'm jumping on the "I want a goat" bandwagon now... alas my covenants restrict them
sad.png

AWWWWW I love goat pictures:D
We raise Nubians mostly but have a couple of Boers just so the kids will have market goats.

Your goats look so healthy and happy!!

Than you all! I love my goats.

We make yogurt (the chickens do get their share), ice cream, cheese, sour cream, cream cheese, butter milk and drinking milk. I also make goats milk soap. When you are drowning in milk you find lots of ways to use it!

When things are dry you miss it like crazy!

Back
Top Bottom