Going broody with too few eggs??

jamband

Songster
8 Years
Apr 26, 2011
I have a muscovy girl that broody. I have been collecting all the eggs except the decoys but she decided to sit on just 3 eggs???? 2 days ago she sat all day in the nest, it has been very cold here for a few days. Yesterday the same thing. Last night she came out and walked around with the others during the get food/water time before they get closed up for night. So last night I snagged the 3 eggs, left the decoy. Today she sat in the nest all day. Came out at same time. I snagged one egg that was laid today....

Is she confused? I know I am. I wouldn't care if she sat on a clutch but preferably not just 3?? She has the down set up and all.

Any ideas? do i need to take the decoys so she stops?? Will she lay a new clutch?

WHEN THERE BROODY THERE BROODY ,

my girls laid on empty nests for weeks i wasnewochickens compleatly and tried to stop it as atthe time i hadthemfor only a month or two, i gave in eventually and they had 3 lovely chicks to raise!

i guess when its there time they will lay on anything if anything is there! it depends now on if you want this to continue or not as some prefer to stop the bord from being broody while others encourage it

Back
Top Bottom