Going down the rab...I mean chicken coop

jdfranklin

In the Brooder
Oct 19, 2021
Hello everyone, let me take a minute to introduce myself:

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? Brand new. Currently, in the research stage before getting chickens next spring

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
None at the moment, but planning on between 6 and 10

(3) What breeds do you have?
Researching which breeds will be best suited for my needs. Primarily laying hens, as I am most interested in egg production at this time.

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Let me get back to you on this one. :)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Playing music, trying to grow vegetables, and hanging with my family.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Married with 3 dogs, 2 cats (unless you count the strays), got some kids and grandkids as well.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
Found you guys from an article about a coop build over at https://www.communitychickens.com/

I look forward to spending countless hours learning all that I can from this group.

:welcome

Good for you on doing your research first! In case you haven't found it yet, here's a link to the Learning Center: articles And while you're there, check out some of the coops other members have built, there are some really good designs that might give you an idea of what will work for you.

Back
Top Bottom