Going Electric

Luckily I have seen coons on my cameras but so far they have not bothered the birds. A couple of nights ago I heard something that apparently tested the electric wire. Probably the fox wanting a chicken dinner.

I don't have a solution. Cut some tree limbs?
The electric fence is just one deterrent. I am still mainly counting on my actual coop being secure for the night. And if I see Raccoons on my camera I will set the trap out again.
Thank you. Trees are to tall and I'm to old to do that. I'll prob wrap my hot wire around the tree.
Good luck with your feathered kids

The electric fence is just one deterrent. I am still mainly counting on my actual coop being secure for the night. And if I see Raccoons on my camera I will set the trap out again.

Thank you. Trees are to tall and I'm to old to do that. I'll prob wrap my hot wire around the tree.
Good luck with your feathered kids

I have a similar situation. Our pine trees next to the coop are also our favorite hammock trees, so what I’m planning on doing is wrapping the trunks with 24” High x circumference+ (for an overlap) of aluminum sheet metal high enough they can’t jump it. Google anti climb tree guard raccoons Images for lots of ideas.

Soun

I have a similar situation. Our pine trees next to the coop are also our favorite hammock trees, so what I’m planning on doing is wrapping the trunks with 24” High x circumference+ (for an overlap) of aluminum sheet metal high enough they can’t jump it. Google anti climb tree guard raccoons Images for lots of ideas.
Great idea. Thanks I will check it out.
But I think the raccoons travel thru the tree tops here. I live in amongst 80-100 ft Pine and Oak trees.
so I would need to wrap above and below my run area. Thanks again for the idea, I will check it out

@hogges is the fence and roof grounded?
I grounded the fence in addition to having metal stakes all along the bottom of the fence anyway to prevent digging. I have two ground rods. I also ran a ground wire to the gate. I did not ground the roof but I will go out right now and do that, for a little bit of extra zap. Thanks for the suggestion.

Not understanding..... The hot wire does not touch (at least, should not) the metal roof. So as long as the wire is run thru insulators the wire should be hot.

Back
Top Bottom