Going green

Southern28Chick

Flew The Coop
12 Years
Apr 16, 2007
Am I the only green freak out there? I'm so scared about what we're doing to our environment...our HOME. Seriously we have to think about what we are doing in our everyday lives that's empacting our planet!

Anyone else feel this way?

I am not whole hog green, but I try to do what I can. Recycling, reusing paperbags at the grocery store, upgrading all appliances. Like that. We are looking into solar for our hot water or electricity in the near future as well.

I am with terrie. We use the coil light bulbs and recycle. We use those green bags for shopping to. but other then that I dont think we will own a hybrid anytime soon but I know my new car will run on bio-diesal
smile.png

oops forgot to add. when my mom moves to PA she is going to add solar panels onto the roof of the house and no more powerplants or oil

Last edited:
My household is ran as green as possible. We recycle as much as possible, car pool, energy saving bulbs, unplug appliances when not in use, green cleaning products and detergents, reusable grocery bags, grow as much of our own food as possible...... we do as much as we can. It's not easy but it is soooo worth it. It makes you feel so good about yourself and the earth.

I totally believe in recycling. This planet is deteriorating everyday, the polar is melting, and all of our natural oil is being used up. Hopefully one day all cars will be Eco friendly
fl.gif

We've cut our electric usage by more then half from last year mostly by switching over to "green" light bulbs and not using the dryer. (Use clothes line in the summer and installed one inside near our woodstove for winter usage). We have an oil hot water heater but would like to try to switch that to solar in the near future. We are also looking into a solar light for our to-be chicken coop (3 walls and counting).

same here, I grow what I can and am planning more this year. Turn off lights and the ones that are used most are the energy effecient ones. I installed a programable thermostat last year and it helps tremendously. Would love to have a wood heater to cut down on heating costs but installation I cant afford. We keep an automatic night light in the bathroom so you dont always have to turn the light on. I say I go to the store for my food then to grams freezer for my meat. Lots of Venison from my son and dad and pork from my uncle. I just bought a handmade purse because Id rather pay someone for their work then something that was made over seas for $1.25 same with farm markets, its local.

Back
Top Bottom