Going into lockdown with saddle shaped air cell

flippyshoes

Songster
6 Years
Jun 5, 2013
Cumbria, uk
Hi, my one little survivor has made it to day 17, she has a saddle shaped air cell, do I still lie her down flat for lockdown tomorrow? A friend suggested putting it in an egg carton to keep it upright?
It's been incubated upright so far, but not sure how to approach lockdown with it.
Thanks

I was terrified of having eggs shipped, but no one in my area had eggs to sell from the breed I wanted, so I was doomed to ship. Luckily at the last minute I found someone through FB who was only 40 minutes away. Couldn't believe my luck. Saved me the grief and heartbreak of scrambled eggs. What breed did you have shipped? Sometimes if you want something really special, you have to have them shipped.

Ah it is so sweet! I had a single chick hatch once. It was a very active fellow. I had two very young chickens at the time, and it kinda thought it was it's parents, so it was happy enough hanging with them.
This one is in the house but can hear my other chickens making noises outside, she seems happy enough. I'm incubating some more so if I cant find her a friend before then atleast she will have some eventually

I think problems are equally caused by improper packing and also rough handling.
Most packages here are transported by automation. A package may take a gentle tumble at the end of a conveyor into a nearly full bin or a shocking one into an empty bin.
I believe there is an option here now for special handling for an additional fee. I believe that means hand carry in a delicate manner the entire way.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom