Going on vacation!!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by horsejody, Sep 23, 2008.

1. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    On Thursday we leave for vacation. We are going to Custer State Park in South Dakota and taking the horses. I love trail riding! We will be there during Buffalo Round Up. I will try to take lots of pictures. We plan on trailering out of Custer SP one day and riding up Harney Peak too. Harney Peak is the highest peak in North America east of the Rockies.

We go to a different park or natl forest every year with a group of friends. Last year we went to Shawnee Natl Forest. My riding companions kidded me the whole time that my Haflinger, Dolli, was so short she needed skid plates. She may be short, but she navigates quite well in the rough terrain. I would rather ride her than a spindly legged Quarter Horse!!

2. MagsC

MagsC Queen Of Clueless

Jul 27, 2008
    Minnesota
    Custer State Park!! I am jealous!!
    We are planning that for next year and then into Montana to visit the Custer Battlefield.(I have wanted to see that forever!!)
    Have a great time.[​IMG]

3. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

Wow! Sounds like a great trip horsejody! Don't forget to hit the local quilt shops while you're there! [​IMG]

4. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Quote:There is supposed to be some quilt display/presentation going on at the festivities associated with the buffalo round up. I plan on being there. Unless of course I'm lost in the wilderness, wandering aimlessly on my horse. We are coming home on Oct 4th, so if you don't hear from me by Moday, Oct. 6th, send a search party!

5. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Have a great trip! We'll have the search party start looking at the quilt show first, then move on to wilderness areas...

6. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Have a great time!

7. hoosier

hoosier Chillin' With My Peeps

Have a great time riding! We were in SD last September, but not on horseback. It has been so long since I have ridden that I wouldn't be able to walk the second day!

8. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    That is the weirdest thing! I'll be in Rapid City, SD this weekend!

9. English Chick

English Chick English Mum

Jun 27, 2008
    Cheshire UK
    [​IMG] It sounds like your going to have a wonderful holiday...am jealous....get lots of pics so we can see the terrain...have a fab time.

10. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Quote:Well, if you happen to see a black F350 dually with an extended cab pulling a long white Exiss horse trailer, wave to us!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by