Going on vacation!!!

horsejody

Squeaky Wheel
11 Years
Feb 11, 2008
Waterloo, Nebraska
On Thursday we leave for vacation. We are going to Custer State Park in South Dakota and taking the horses. I love trail riding! We will be there during Buffalo Round Up. I will try to take lots of pictures. We plan on trailering out of Custer SP one day and riding up Harney Peak too. Harney Peak is the highest peak in North America east of the Rockies.

We go to a different park or natl forest every year with a group of friends. Last year we went to Shawnee Natl Forest. My riding companions kidded me the whole time that my Haflinger, Dolli, was so short she needed skid plates. She may be short, but she navigates quite well in the rough terrain. I would rather ride her than a spindly legged Quarter Horse!!

MagsC

Queen Of Clueless
11 Years
Jul 27, 2008
Minnesota
Custer State Park!! I am jealous!!
We are planning that for next year and then into Montana to visit the Custer Battlefield.(I have wanted to see that forever!!)
Have a great time.

horsejody

Squeaky Wheel
11 Years
Feb 11, 2008
Waterloo, Nebraska
Quote:There is supposed to be some quilt display/presentation going on at the festivities associated with the buffalo round up. I plan on being there. Unless of course I'm lost in the wilderness, wandering aimlessly on my horse. We are coming home on Oct 4th, so if you don't hear from me by Moday, Oct. 6th, send a search party!

hoosier

Songster
11 Years
Mar 27, 2008
South Central Indiana
Have a great time riding! We were in SD last September, but not on horseback. It has been so long since I have ridden that I wouldn't be able to walk the second day!

English Chick

English Mum
11 Years
Jun 27, 2008
Cheshire UK
It sounds like your going to have a wonderful holiday...am jealous....get lots of pics so we can see the terrain...have a fab time.

horsejody

Squeaky Wheel
11 Years
Feb 11, 2008
Waterloo, Nebraska
Quote:Well, if you happen to see a black F350 dually with an extended cab pulling a long white Exiss horse trailer, wave to us!!

Top Bottom