going purple. my two indas blue have the same father. blue mothers. they are ib purple blackshou

Yes, you will need a 2012 hatch or earlier purple hen to be able to get a purple male next breeding season

The whiteeyes are very beautiful. I can see the degree of colors in the hens wings. Just finding out. That my male throws purple was tariffic ... I'm thinking... planning...

Okay.

A white father. Purple mother. Hen chicks purple? Male chicks. White. Split purple?
Pied?

The whiteeyes are very beautiful. I can see the degree of colors in the hens wings. Just finding out. That my male throws purple was tariffic ... I'm thinking... planning...

Okay.

A white father. Purple mother. Hen chicks purple? Male chicks. White. Split purple?
Pied?
If father is white, and mother is purple, no purple hen chicks. male chicks will be split to purple.

Thanks arbor . This is a chick from the white male. Pen I spoke about. I have two chicks I'm bringhome the end of month.

Pat is sending updated pics.

Last edited:
That is a Blackshoulder hen, so that means that if the father is white, he is also split to Blackshoulder or in fact a white Blackshoulder (an interesting bird to have, but you can only tell by breeding him to a hen that is Blackshoulder or split to Blackshoulder). The mother must be split to Blackshoulder then.

Back
Top Bottom