Going rate for turkey eggs?

I was looking at what the starting bids were on eBay, but they weren't a good indicator, since some people started the bids at .99 for 6 eggs. I know for a fact they go for much more than that, and I saw some where the bids had way exceeded what you'd pay in cash for them, so that wasn't much of a help, either. I was thinking at least $1 per egg, since poults sell at least $8 apiece. I had no idea that eggs could go for more than that. I guess I'll tell him $24, since they're mixed.

I agree with at LEAST $2 per egg, but I would likely ask $2.50-3 per egg. Turkeys cost a lot to feed and produce those eggs!! Even mutt breed turks! So, I'd say a minimum of $24 per dozen.

I understand wanting to supplement your feed bill and having the turkeys pay there way. But I won't go broke if I don't charge for eggs. When I was a kid, my mentor gave me some eggs to hatch. I will never forget. I am a sucker for kids that are interested in raising turkeys. I will never charge them anything. To me the kids hold the future for these turkeys. If I can get a kid to love turkeys, then the turkeys have a future.

Back
Top Bottom