going through the new member procedure :)

BuddhaOmGarden

Hatching
7 Years
May 31, 2012
My straight run chicks are 9 days old. I am just starting out with chickens this year, looking to have both foragers for my unruly garden as well as egg-layers. My first batch is a mix (blue andalusian, golden polish, buttercups and egyptian fayoumis). My next batch is going to be buff catalanas - This seems to be a - Im always in process adventure. I already had a run in with pasting and pecking. I have found this site very helpful so far and I liked their rules on conduct too, so decided to join

WelcometoBYC.gif

Hello and :welcome

Our garden was a mess too when we first got our chickens, the birds love it!! :lol:
Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the site. :D

ya - i have let them (all 26) outdoors now, during the day, ....since they were 3 weeks old, it is very hot here. A couple of days ago, because they started so much posturing at not even 4 weeks old, i opened up the messy part of the run, ....the one i thought of cleaning up ...and guess where they hang out ...pretty much only there...:) - it has more shade and places to hide and more fun stuff to explore...and they are not in each others face the same way - out of sight ---- seems to be a good thing for bully prevention ...at least that is my noob impression.

Back
Top Bottom