1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Going to an auction ...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by michickenwrangler, Oct 28, 2011.

1. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Going to an auction tomorrow. Lots of cool farm stuff they're offering, tractors, corn shellers, farming implements, etc ... Maybe coming back with something neat. [​IMG] At least, I'm hoping.

2. Dirtyhip

Dirtyhip Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    The Cascades
    [​IMG]

3. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Sounds like my kind of party!!!!! What are you wanting to buy? (besides all of it?)

4. Glenmar

Glenmar Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2011
    VIRGINIA
    [​IMG] Have fun.

5. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    Quote:DBF has his heart set on some kind of "Bobcat" thing that has a front loader and a small dump bed.

I currently board my horse and DD's pony. DBF and his DD want horses too but we realize that we can't pay board on 4! So, I have a little over 5 acres that we're going to build a barn on and fence in. There is state land down the road from us as well as dirt roads and a township park so lots of riding opportunities even if we don't have an indoor arena. But ... we have to clear land.

Also, I HATE mowing lawns. So when my DH died, I sold the lawnmower and just paid a neighbor to do it for me. I also bartered some of DH's RC aircraft in exchange for snowplowing this winter. So now that DBF is on the scene, he wants a riding mower and a snowblower as well, both of which are on the auction list. There's also tools and odds and end farm equipment that we'll take a look at to see if it will be useful. We did a drive by this morning and the people have a redone farmhouse and a neat old red barn. I'll enjoy the auction just for poking around their house and property! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by