Going to get new eggs, now what?

Crickett

Songster
10 Years
Apr 9, 2009
Heart of Dixie
A friend of my DH is going to give us some eggs. I have a 'bator, but what do I do now? Do the eggs need to be kept humid as well? And how often should they be turned? My bator is a still air one. Should I keep a thermometer in it? I have several (10) chicks in a brooder, but this will be my first time with eggs.
th.gif
HELP!!!!
fl.gif

With a still air, your temps will have to be around 101-102> I usually keep the humidity around 50% for the beginning and up it to 65 or so on the 18th day when you stop turning. You will need a Hydrometer. You can get one fairly cheap at Walmart. It shows both humidity and temp. They also need to be turned at least 3 times a day. Always an odd # so they dont stay in the same position every night... I hope this helps!!
wink.png

Last edited:
Your incubator should have plastic water wells or troughs in the bottom under the wire that you fill to keep the humidity at the correct levels. No putting washcloths over eggs during incubation.

As stated a thermometer/hygrometer is a must to keep an eye on temps and humidity levels.

i would brooder.

but keep a therm.

put an x on top

and o on bottom

and turn 3 or 2 times a day

exept the 18th day.

Back
Top Bottom