Going to start Ferment Feeding-would love to hear success

ReillyJ

Chirping
5 Years
Jun 12, 2014
Snohomish, WA
stories and if you've really seen a difference in your flock?

I'm already feeding soy free organic layer feed and am thinking of FF.

Thanks

I think for small backyard flocks it is a good method to utilize most of your feed, and I believe that though it does not increase the nutrient level, it make more of the nutrients available to the birds. I think that fermented feed smell somewhat better out the other end… as an interesting by product. It takes a few minutes a day, and you have to add and or mix from time to time. But I have the small amount of extra time available to me, and I enjoy watching my birds eat. Fits in well with my management style and the birds I keep.

I think it worth while, I am unaware of any down side whatsoever for the birds. If it is a chore, perhaps one should just use tube feeders and sleep in.

Best to you and your birds,

RJ

Thanks, RJ!

Well i only have four hens which is quite manageable and i'm very into holistic way of living and since i'm already feeding organic with fines that i have to moisten anyway for them to eat, figure i'd go ahead with trying FF. Also i'm hoping that with FF, this feed will "mesh together" even more..(does FF turn it all into a mush consistency??) the grains and the fines so they don't pick it out as much as they are now and yes i'm very interested in improving their health in any way.. i will try it at least.. wondering if anyone has seen noticeable improvement in their feathers, etc.

:)

I use FF and have really like the results (although they may have nothing to do with FF) my chickens are very healthy with super shiny feathers. It is really supposed to help with their digestive systems as well.

I use non soy GMO free scratch with brown and gold flax seed added in. You want to see small bubble rising to the surface to know it is ready.

Back
Top Bottom