Going to try and hatch grocery store chicken eggs!

Thats so cool!🤯 Were they refrigerated? And thank you!!
they were chilled when I took them off the shelf- they had tiny beads of condensation accross the shells too. Very cold eggs. Not sure how long they were like that, but I gave them several hours to get to room temperature before incubating-
had 3 develop, one quit (it was cracked badly and bacteria managed to get in), and the other two hatched!

they were chilled when I took them off the shelf- they had tiny beads of condensation accross the shells too. Very cold eggs. Not sure how long they were like that, but I gave them several hours to get to room temperature before incubating-
had 3 develop, one quit (it was cracked badly and bacteria managed to get in), and the other two hatched!
Wow thats so cool! Did they say the eggs were fertile or were they labeled as free range?

Wow thats so cool! Did they say the eggs were fertile or were they labeled as free range?
yes, free range eggs! The male ducks quite commonly get missed as they look the same except a couple small details. In a larger flock they're missed. But I have heard of it happening with chicken eggs too! And quails too. I tried it with quail eggs before duck eggs, and most the eggs developed but all quit due to really rough transit and being stored too long.

yes, free range eggs! The male ducks quite commonly get missed as they look the same except a couple small details. In a larger flock they're missed. But I have heard of it happening with chicken eggs too! And quails too. I tried it with quail eggs before duck eggs, and most the eggs developed but all quit due to really rough transit and being stored too long.
Oh that makes perfect sense! I guess we shall see.

Okay so some of the quail eggs had little cracks in them and I sealed them with candle wax do you think I can still incubate them? Or should I toss them? 2 of them were a bit too cracked so I opened them to see inside and it was harder than a chicken egg to pierce through the membrane so this leads me to believe that the eggs will be okay.

Don’t mind the temperature I was recalibrating my thermometer/ hygrometer I took it out to let it cool down then put it back in to check accuracy. But here are all the eggs inside together!

Attachments

• E2546359-7D31-4D24-8D62-C00E5E47AF0C.jpeg
    E2546359-7D31-4D24-8D62-C00E5E47AF0C.jpeg
    361.1 KB · Views: 2

Back
Top Bottom