gold Barring

I'm a really poor photographer. It takes me ages to get a photo where I don't make the head look over large, cut off some part of the bird or have another bird get in the way.
he.gif

I took these photos & posted them earlier this year. The birds have one barring gene.

14136_buff_cuckoo_orp.jpg

14136_buff_cuckoo_orp_2.jpg

14136_buff_cuckoo_orp_3.jpg

In that last picture the pullet got in the way. She's a cull because of the what appears to be Pg. I'm thinking she is probably heterozygous for Co or Db. She shows some barring. It seems interesting that the black from what appears to be Pg does not appear affected by the barring gene in those areas but on the fluff around the thighs it looks as if the black is taken in with the barring.

i think in post 2 someone said that (barredXbuff) Xbuff= golden barred right now i have one barred/buff roo and 2 barred/buff roos and 1 barred roo i used to have a buff hen but a coyote got her
hit.gif
. so if i was to get a buff chicken and mix it with my barred/buff crosses would i get golden barred? my barred buff crosses look kinda lie birchen with faint barring and streaks of buff in the roos. o ya they r all banty cochins

Back
Top Bottom