Gold Comet is ill

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by pbjmaker, Jul 4, 2010.

1. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I have a pair of gold comets/red-sexlinks that are 14 months old. They are HUGE treat lovers and always underfoot. The last day or so one of them is acting "pokey" and has no interest in treats. She also has had two very watery poops that I have seen. Not as in runny, but actually water like. I just checked them all over for bugs and did not see anything on her.

I was just in the garden and my poor girl was just standing there staring at me [​IMG] She didn't even want the lettuce I picked for her.

Any ideas what could be wrong? I am not seeing anyother symptoms, no sneezing, etc. and the coop just got a major power wash.

2. Egghead Jr

Egghead Jr Out Of The Brooder

Jul 2, 2010
    upstate
    hmm...it could be a soured crop...but I'm no expert...I'd slow down on the treats...my chickens are lucky to get 2 treats a day...sorry i couldn't help any [​IMG]...good luck

3. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    They don't get a lot of treats. Just LOVE them when they get them. We offered the treats to see if she would even eat those - no interest.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by