gold comets

I purchased 12 gold comets,18 weeks old ,,any information on this breed will be appreciated,I have 16 hours of light in my coop at this time,is this a good layer?and how early do they start laying,,I stumbled upon this site last week and discoverd a wealth of information,everything here is very helpful to a beginner such as myself,I got started with chickens last spring,started with 5 australorps and 16 black broilers,,12 were roosters,I processed the roosters and kept the hens,they are doing very well,,I gave away several dozen fresh eggs now I have people wanting to purchase fresh(country eggs,,hope to pay my feed bill from my sales,lost my australorps to a varmit attack several weeks ago,now Im having to start over,with more secure pens,padlocks on the doors and nest box lids,electric fence,nite guards,its heartbreaking to see your pets destroyed by varmits,after raising them from chicks,nothing is overkill when it comes to protecting your flock,,,

We have had Golden moments for two years now and love love love them! They are friendly (except for one girl who is manageable but not terribly friendly - the Alpha Girl). They are great layers and do not get broody too easily. We could not be more pleased with them. Now, we are new at keeping chickens so maybe that is our advantage. No expectations - no troubles. ~ : )

Enjoy your girls! and all they offer!!

We have had Golden moments for two years now and love love love them! They are friendly (except for one girl who is manageable but not terribly friendly - the Alpha Girl). They are great layers and do not get broody too easily. We could not be more pleased with them. Now, we are new at keeping chickens so maybe that is our advantage. No expectations - no troubles. ~ : )

Enjoy your girls! and all they offer!!

Same here. We've had ours for 2.5 years. Great layers! Not broody, but I've got one that I can give a bunch of eggs to and I think I might be able to get her to go broody. I haven't really tried long enough, but none of them are going broody on their own.

Back
Top Bottom