Gold/Golden Neck D'uccles?

Thanks SO much - your info answered SO many of my questions! However, I do still have a few more (and since I don't know what other breeds Golden Necks might apply to, these questions pertain only to d'uccles):

1. How does one know if they have a dominant white type Golden Neck, or a splash type Golden Neck? Can they be visually identified, or do they have to be bred to find out?

2. I'm assuming splash type Golden Necks should only be bred to other splash type Golden Necks, regular mille fleurs, or blue mille fleurs? But in the case of the dominant white type, what other color can it be bred to without muddying up the genes (other than other dominant white type Golden Necks)?

3. What would one get if they crossed a dominant white type Golden Neck with a porcelain?

Thanks again -

Quote:
Check the tail. Most of the time splash is not a clean white color but is a very light gray color and tends to show black. On the other hand two dominant white gene or even one dominant white gene in a bird will produce a white tail. Dominant white birds can show black in their tails which can be a pepper to a whole black feather but with the rest of the tail being white.

Golden necks can have a clean white tails with splash or dominant white it just depends on the line and if the birds have been carefully bred for the trait.

If you purchase the birds just ask the breeder, they should know.

splash gold neck X splash gold neck = splash gold neck

splash gold neck X blue millie = splash gold neck and blue millie

splash gold neck X millie= blue millie

homozygous means two dominant white genes heterozygous means only one dominant white gene

homozygous dominant white golden neck X millie = heterozygous dominant white golden neck (birds may have some black in the tail)

homozygous dominant white golden neck X blue millie = heterozygous dominant white golden neck (birds have some blue in the tail)

heterozygous dominant white golden neck (birds may have some black in the tail)

heterozygous dominant white golden neck X millie = heterozygous dominant white golden neck (birds may have some black in the tail)
regular millie

heterozygous dominant white golden neck X blue millie = heterozygous dominant white golden neck (birds may have some black in the tail)
regular millie
heterozygous dominant white golden neck (birds may have some blue in the tail)
blue millie

homozygous dominant white gold neck X porcelain(clean lavender tail)= golden neck ( there is the possibility of black in the tail)

heterozygous dominant white gold neck X porcelain(clean lavender tail)= golden neck ( there is the possibility of black in the tail)
regular millie

Hope this helps.

Tim

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom