Gold-Laced Blue EE?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by ClareScifi, Jan 7, 2012.

1. ClareScifi

ClareScifi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
  2. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    It looks like a tpical color for an easter egger and they don't have set color names. The one in the pic would e closest to blue buff columbian

3. Tanichca

Tanichca Sparkle Magnet

May 6, 2009
    Vail, Arizona
    I have one who looks like that too! Very pretty, but as they are EE, they don't really have any standardized colors.

4. ClareScifi

ClareScifi Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2011
    Very interesting! Thanks, folks! Blue Buff Columbian. I like the name!

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Actually, that's a blue gold duckwing w/columbian [​IMG] A Blue Buff Columbian is a bit different, search "Lemon Pyle Brahma" and you get what it is. [​IMG]

But, yes, they're pretty. Not laced though.

6. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    That bird belongs to someone here on the forum. Too many of us now for me to remember who.

BEAUTIFUL EE!

7. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Quote:x2 I was thinking that too. "I've seen her before, but who and where oh where did I see her on BYC?" [​IMG]

8. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I was thinking she looked a bit familiar too, haha. Who knew this chicken was such a celebrity. Lol

And I'm sure she probably is carrying duckwing as are many EEs, but the duckwing pattern isn't all the way there so that's why I said she was "closest" to Blue Buff Col. And yes I've seen what people are calling lemom pyle brahmas, but I'm pretty sure they are correctly supposed to be splash or dom white Partridge ( since the "Lemon" color would be in the Pyle areas) instead of most of the entire body like the buff columbian based birds.

9. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    I guess she belongs to ChooksChick on here. She is the one who wrote the article. Her bio pic on the article is the same as her avatar on here. I don't feel like tracking down the actual pic on here though but I think that since we know the authur is a member here, we can be assured that we have indeed saw the pic on here before. Lol

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  10. AZBootsie

AZBootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 10, 2010
    Congress, AZ
    My Coop
    BST, some project birds Chookschic has listed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by