Gold Laced Orpington- For Learning and Sharing

Pics
what do you have to breed to get a GLO ? I really love the looks of them and love all our orps we have buff girls a black girl a lav girl and a lav roo.

sorry was just wondering what It took
about 5-10 years
2 years in genetics education
about 12 correct adult breeding birds to start. Quality Wyandottes and Quality Buff and Black Orpingtons
a few buildings to house at least 100 birds a year
12 tons of feed
stock in aspirin and a class in patience
$10,000 to start

There are tons of information on the web you can read about. Most will have to be in books. Your best bet will be in the genetics classes.
Poultry Breeding and Genetics by Roy Crawford is a good book to start with.
Good luck to you and please keep us posted on your project.
I hope this helps.

Thank you for the wonderful pictures. I have never seen a gold laced orp before. I recently fell in love with English Orpingtons - last weekend :) I know so little but the three I was able to procure locally 1 is a full American and two are 1/2 English. I am hoping to grow my little Orpington flock as they are such a delight to watch and interact with

Thank you for the wonderful pictures. I have never seen a gold laced orp before. I recently fell in love with English Orpingtons - last weekend :) I know so little but the three I was able to procure locally 1 is a full American and two are 1/2 English. I am hoping to grow my little Orpington flock as they are such a delight to watch and interact with

There is someone in ebay selling 6 glo eggs..I think it is up to 60.00
I'm thinking that would be the auction that I have.....LOL It's only at $53.00 right now....but it is due to end on Sunday 7/28/13. I have different pics of my birds at different ages. You can PM if you want anymore info. Thanks Delisha.....by the way.....saw the pics you posted of your babies and they are really nice!

Back
Top Bottom