Gold Laced Orpington- For Learning and Sharing

Pics
Gary,
That boy is AMAZING! The lacing is really amazing thought. My man is not quite that nice, but I have selected two that are really great. how many generations are you into them?

Will you be selling chicks?

this is the 4th generation. Thank you for the comments. I'm proud of my birds. They've come a long way! IT's cost me a small fortune though growing out birds and culling them. But the results have been worth it. This fall, I"ll be putting them out to show at the first big show at the Dixie Classic in Knoxville.

How exciting Gary! I would eventually like to do shows. I just need a dedicated quarantine pen and a heck of a lot of education to figure out what the heck to do!

I would be afraid that my prize bird would get sick.

I feel you. In the beginning I would hold on to birds, now I send them to the egg production side of our farm or sell them. Still, we are organic and the cost of raising them long enough to decide to cull is crazy! Getting new blood worth a darn is expensive too! I am trying to maintain size by not breeding back to parents which means getting good roosters; which means growing them out!

Did I mention I looooooove your rooster?

Hi there, we are offering so many breeds of orpingtons. See our website at www. SunbySideUpRanch.com
We are offering Gold laced Brahmas.
1f60a.png
And they are big & beautiful
2764.png
1f414.png

Megalomaniac-
I really appreciate you posting this pic. It really gives me a good idea of what I am aiming for. The pics are lovely and your Roo is amazing!

Back
Top Bottom