Gold Laced Orpington- For Learning and Sharing

Pics
Hi everyone! Just wanted to post a pic our sweet 5 day old GLB baby. We ordered BBS, Chocolates and GLB Orpington chicks from Papa's Poultry and this little trooper is on the only GLB that survived the trip. All in all our new babies are beautiful, healthy and thriving. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here and learning all I can about this gorgeous variety.

My step daughter wants to name her Hattie because of her "cap". She is just the sweetest thing...well they all are!
smile.png

Awe so sad only one survived! I guess you didn't get any extras? Such a shame. At least you got one! What a cutie pie! I love the name!

Thank you! We think it is a cute name too. Jeff (such a nice man) with Papa's Poultry offered to ship us three more when he hatches more out next week but I don't want to take the chance of them not making it since it is a long way from CA to AL. In the past few days, I have talked to some local members of our BYC club that bought some GLBs from a breeder in SC and one in NC and I think I will probably go that route. It might even be fun to take a little road trip up that way and look at land since my husband and I want to move to the mountains in the next few years.

We have a Gold Laced Orp baby that appears to be a frizzle! Has anyone else seen this express in GLO's? She/He was straight run, so I am not sure what I have yet, but disposition is very sweet and loving to both ppl and other chicks.

GLO's get to looking like some wierd things when their feathering out. Very bad pics with the red light, but I'll bet that is not frizzle. Could have possibly been too high of heat in the incubator or hatcher which can cause frazzled feathering but they'll grow out of it and feather in properly. Show pictures again when their 4 months old or so.

Hi everyone! Just wanted to post a pic our sweet 5 day old GLB baby. We ordered BBS, Chocolates and GLB Orpington chicks from Papa's Poultry and this little trooper is on the only GLB that survived the trip. All in all our new babies are beautiful, healthy and thriving. Looking forward to getting to know everyone here and learning all I can about this gorgeous variety.

My step daughter wants to name her Hattie because of her "cap". She is just the sweetest thing...well they all are!
smile.png

I have decided not to ship in July-mid September. It's tooo hot and the heat waves have been horrid. Sorry about your loss. It is so tragic opening a box of dead or barely hanging on chicks! May your survivor be a real joy!

my gold laced are normally my most proficient layers. I have 2 hens and for almost 3 months I have set 21 eggs/ week in the incubator, but recently, 2 have gone broody. Waiting on them to start up again. Its natural for chickens to take breaks from laying eggs to let their systems recover.
I can't believe I missed this. It should read, I have 3 hens that I set 21 eggs/week. 2 of them laying 21 eggs a week would be pretty impressive! LMBO

Just wondering if there are any Breeders here in Australia? Would love to get my hands on some Golden laced for a project :)

Back
Top Bottom