Gold Laced Orpington- For Learning and Sharing

I love them I have six sexlinks and two golden laced orpington chicks . I can't seem to find some information about when they lay their eggs and stuff like that I find a lot of info about their coloring and their origin can anyone give me some basic 101 thank you

some of the 6 1/2 month old growouts. Color needs some work but like the type for this age.

Last edited:
I love them I have six sexlinks and two golden laced orpington chicks . I can't seem to find some information about when they lay their eggs and stuff like that I find a lot of info about their coloring and their origin can anyone give me some basic 101 thank you

Being a bigger slow maturing breed they can take longer to start laying. My oldest was 8 months but they can be typical at 6 months. Someone else here might have different experiences.

One of my girls the smallest of the bunch is so mean not just pecking but like attacking I'm afraid she's going to hurt the new girls it's been a week and they will not accept these two yet..:(

One of my girls the smallest of the bunch is so mean not just pecking but like attacking I'm afraid she's going to hurt the new girls it's been a week and they will not accept these two yet..:(

Theres a lot to adding new birds into an existing flock. You should have them set up next to the flocks pen for a while. Yoy can also rotate pens at night and add them in on new territory. You can also seperate that dominate hen when you do for a feq days. Theryre going to have to figure out the pecking order but by removing the dominate hen and changing territories it might help.

Ok right know I keep the new girls inside at night it's still a bit cold and they are young , plus I'm scared the girls will attack them I don't wanna coop them up together ...Oh well theyay have to live inside lol jk thanks for the advice

Back
Top Bottom