Gold Laced Orpington Project

So you are breeding these to the American Standard? .

These are my GLO,s I imported eggs from the UK in 2006. I was tempted to use other breeds to improve my genetic pool but never did. I have been told that GLO's nearly went away and some breeders in europe used cochin to develop the color again that would be why you have some very very heavy birds coming out of europe My bird are standard size and do not have that huge cochin body that most off the GLO's do in this country.

edited by staff

My DH gave me Gold Laced Orpingtons chicks for my birthday! I expect to have them mid week. I can't wait. I look forward to learning from this thread. thank you for starting it.

How are the chicks doing? Pictures! I'd love to see what they look iLife...?

We have been very busy. Had some family issues and also finished some coops and delivered them. Will try to take photos later today....since we have more GLO chicks hatching!

My DH gave me Gold Laced Orpingtons chicks for my birthday! I expect to have them mid week. I can't wait. I look forward to learning from this thread. thank you for starting it.

Are these project chicks or imported? Type is a little different on the imported. However, the color is set better. Most of us are still getting the rare off colored chick. Sports from the original matings. Please post photos as soon as you can.

Are these project chicks or imported? Type is a little different on the imported. However, the color is set better. Most of us are still getting the rare off colored chick. Sports from the original matings. Please post photos as soon as you can.

My chicks are from Green Fire Farms. We are expecting ten. They are a straight run. I hope to keep 4 hens and a roo...fingers crossed :0) I will post pictures as soon as they recover from their travels.

Thank you. I will follow your advise. We are all waiting to see pictures of your new babies. Please share. It will be fun to follow your project.

Last edited:
I ordered a Gold Laced Cockerel from Marc...I am on a waiting list.( I hope, not for toooo long )..and plan to breed him to my Beautiful Black Orp hens from Hink JC.and hopefully some black English hens..If I am right it should be a 50/50.cross......In the future I will offer hatching eggs...
fl.gif
....~Charm1704

I ordered a Gold Laced Cockerel from Marc...I am on a waiting list.( I hope, not for toooo long )..and plan to breed him to my Beautiful Black Orp hens from Hink JC.and hopefully some black English hens..If I am right it should be a 50/50.cross......In the future I will offer hatching eggs...
fl.gif
....~Charm1704

Sounds interesting!

Back
Top Bottom