1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Gold Laced Orpington Project

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by HallFamilyFarm, Feb 8, 2012.

1. misdaisi

misdaisi Out Of The Brooder

Mar 18, 2012
    Rock Co, WI
    Do they have the sweet orpington temperament? Will you be selling these in the future?

2. Jobele

Jobele Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 29, 2011
    Texas
    What beautiful birds......keep up the good work!

3. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    Thanks for a chance to hatch some of these eggs all made it great can't wait til they hatch.

4. chickenlover237

chickenlover237 Chillin' With My Peeps

cooleo!

5. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm PA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Collins, Arkansas
    Ours have the Orpington temperment. Will be setting some more of these this weekend.

6. deek

deek Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2012
    South Georgia
    So much to learn! I'm hoping you'd have an answer since the thread was intended for discussing colors or patterns. If not, could someone refer me to a place from which to learn more? Or perhaps someone knows of a BYC member in the UK that I could PM? Thank you.

I've browsed the UK sites for pictures and have come across, on more than one occasion, that some sites refer to them as Gold Laced Black and some as Gold Laced Chocolate. Is this a marketing strategy? Is there an online reference for the UK breed standard or is this color too new? I'm just trying to learn [​IMG] I was told my little guys are from two lines. I've noticed that some are darker than others. I've also noticed that some of their emerging feathers are lacing with a deeper hue on some with others more subtle. Could the difference in color be indicative of the two lines? Or will the colors just deepen with each molt?

Thanking you in advance for taking the time to respond.

7. HallFamilyFarm

HallFamilyFarm PA ETL#195

Jan 25, 2010
    Collins, Arkansas
    The Gold Laced color standard is in the current Standard of Perfection. the only differences will be breed standards. Orpington requires a pinkish white foot pad.

8. deek

deek Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2012
    South Georgia
    Thank you

9. darkfox907

darkfox907 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 29, 2012
    CA norco
    oh my these birds are luvly!!

10. BlackBrookPoultry

BlackBrookPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2010
    Western Wisconsin
    I had 3 chicks hatch this week from Hall Family Poultry.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 31, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by