Gold Laced Wyandotte - Roo or hen?

It's a hen, likely with an ovarian tumor causing a hormonal imbalance. There's nothing wrong with the eggs, just cause the paint job is off.

I have a golden laced wyandotte a year and a half old maybe? that I THOUGHT was a hen, but I have recently caught her trying to crow.

I know it's not completely unheard of for a hen to crow, but I wanted to get your opinion.

I am not sure if she's laying... I have an easter egger who is old and really doesnt lay anymore, but always laid pretty green eggs, and two black copper marans that lay dark chocolate eggs.... I find a light brown speckled egg in my coop maybe twice a week that i thought was from this wyandotte, but after catching her crowing I'm not sure if it's hers or maybe one of my Marans is pulling double duty and the 2nd egg just sucks. The suspect egg is sometimes an almost chocolate on one end that fades to a light cream, and sometimes it's all light, with dark speckles.... it's weird enough that I don't trust it.

She is not at all aggressive, and has no hint of spurs.

Sorry I could not get any good body pictures of her(?) just standing, she wont let me get near her with a camera when shes just running free. So what do you think, hen or roo?

And one of the weird eggs in question:

Hen i say this cuz around half ground they crow

Back
Top Bottom