Gold partridge Brahma sexing

Khattak

Chirping
Mar 31, 2018
Which out of these 3 Brahma chicks are male? They are almost the same age. 2 months old
IMG_20181022_094142.jpg

Which out of these 3 Brahma chicks are male? They are almost the same age. 2 months oldView attachment 1567679
The two smaller Brahmas on the bottom look a little too young to sex. The one on top is probably well developed enough to sex. What you want to look at is their breast feathers. Any solid black feathers coming through in that area mean you've got a cockerel. In pullets, breast feathers should look like the rest of the plumage on the body.

I'll attach pictures of adults to show the difference. The male and female color patterns are very different.

Brahma_gold_partridge_cockerel.JPG
gold-partridge-brahma-l-f-hatching-eggs-58d27f4cd930f.jpg

The two smaller Brahmas on the bottom look a little too young to sex. The one on top is probably well developed enough to sex. What you want to look at is their breast feathers. Any solid black feathers coming through in that area mean you've got a cockerel. In pullets, breast feathers should look like the rest of the plumage on the body.

I'll attach pictures of adults to show the difference. The male and female color patterns are very different.

View attachment 1567727 View attachment 1567728
X2. :) So far, it appears your largest, most developed Brahma is a pullet. Would you be able to update us in another few weeks?

~Alex

View attachment 1567727 View attachment 1567728
hi there! that was a very knowledgeable response! do you breed brahmas? or do know where I can find a gold partridge cockerel & pullet girlfriend to purchase?

Back
Top Bottom