Golden 300.

I've got a couple golden 300 females right now. Great layers. Pretty consistently getting 5 to 7 eggs per duck/week. They LOVE foraging and are constantly looking for bugs and weeds to eat. As far as friendliness, they are definitely skittish but, not terrified of people. They will eat treats out of my hands but, absolutely not something they enjoy doing, lol

Attachments

• 20210226_112321.jpg
    20210226_112321.jpg
    827.2 KB · Views: 23
They are FAST as ducklings. Like, crazy fast. Encouraging them to coop-up was a struggle for a bit because they had zero qualms about ditching the other ducksmates and running in other directions, lol. It resolved itself after a week or so.

The two I have prefer to lay in a box nest inside their coop, as opposed to my pekins that just pop a squat wherever. I've had runners in the past that didn't have this much luck in using a nest box.

I got one girl I bought as a duckling from Metzer. She’s the brown duck. I heard they can come in different colors but I love that mix of brown on her wings. She’s the smallest of my ducks. Im not sure if she is supposed to be or she was just a runt. She was a tiny kiwi compared to the others when I got her.
As far as personality she is skittish and would rather me throw her treats on the ground than eat from my hand.
She is super flirty with the other ducks always head bobbing and always talking. I can always tell it’s her as she has a high pitched quack.
One of the girls from my flock has just started laying. I have a suspicion it is her but I am not certain. I hope to get up early tonight to figure that out. If it is her she hasn’t missed a day and the eggs have been turning out wonderful.
I’m real happy to have her and love the personality she brings to the flock.
5E5F1F19-38EA-4D80-9FBE-38592DDA12F0.jpeg

7B9742F6-C96D-42B5-BBC0-42383A00661A.jpeg
002151A0-50CD-4596-82A3-757BD3E01F05.jpeg
B006D535-7578-4838-926B-16778CC785FB.jpeg

I got one girl I bought as a duckling from Metzer. She’s the brown duck. I heard they can come in different colors but I love that mix of brown on her wings. She’s the smallest of my ducks. Im not sure if she is supposed to be or she was just a runt. She was a tiny kiwi compared to the others when I got her.
As far as personality she is skittish and would rather me throw her treats on the ground than eat from my hand.
She is super flirty with the other ducks always head bobbing and always talking. I can always tell it’s her as she has a high pitched quack.
One of the girls from my flock has just started laying. I have a suspicion it is her but I am not certain. I hope to get up early tonight to figure that out. If it is her she hasn’t missed a day and the eggs have been turning out wonderful.
I’m real happy to have her and love the personality she brings to the flock.
View attachment 2554225
View attachment 2554224View attachment 2554228View attachment 2554229
I've got a couple golden 300 females right now. Great layers. Pretty consistently getting 5 to 7 eggs per duck/week. They LOVE foraging and are constantly looking for bugs and weeds to eat. As far as friendliness, they are definitely skittish but, not terrified of people. They will eat treats out of my hands but, absolutely not something they enjoy doing, lol
They are FAST as ducklings. Like, crazy fast. Encouraging them to coop-up was a struggle for a bit because they had zero qualms about ditching the other ducksmates and running in other directions, lol. It resolved itself after a week or so.

The two I have prefer to lay in a box nest inside their coop, as opposed to my pekins that just pop a squat wherever. I've had runners in the past that didn't have this much luck in using a nest box.
Thanks y’all! Do you think I should get some? Are they a breed that you guys enjoy? Or would get again?

I enjoy having her and would buy again if I needed to add to my flock. Fun personality. Cool looking duck. Also a great egg layer if that’s what you are looking for. I say if you are collecting duck breeds go ahead and buy one! If you are interested in breeding them however they dont breed true so they arent good for that.

Back
Top Bottom