Golden Comet or New Hampshire reds

Some of that tail color I did not catch in the earlier photo.
15986351575501712623121597463161.jpg

I'm sure some buff orpington is mixed in with the New Hampshire Reds and a few other breeds in Hoover's rainbows. I spent quite some time comparing pictures of various birds as chicks looking at leg and skin color Etc. These are most definitely mutts.
Hmm yeah I guess the leg color is definitely off for Orpington but besides that the left two look exactly like my BOs :confused: the one on the right with the black in the tail might be something different. But I guess with the legs they couldn’t really be Orp but then again hatchery birds are often not to standard anyway

I'm sure some buff orpington is mixed in with the New Hampshire Reds and a few other breeds in Hoover's rainbows. I spent quite some time comparing pictures of various birds as chicks looking at leg and skin color Etc. These are most definitely mutts.
I’m just curious what makes you think they’re mutts as opposed to something else? Cause they don’t really match any specific breed or?

check out the link I left two Hoover hatcheries rainbows in a prior comment. You can't look at that picture and description and then mistake these birds for a breed.
Yeah I saw all those and read everything in the thread but they still don’t really quite look like those to me haha two look exactly like BOs to me minus the legs. I’m sure they probably are this rainbow thing but it seems like most of those are heavily patterned? And/or have black tails and the necks? Which some of yours do but then some look solid colored haha maybe that pic isn’t definitive.

They all came out of the same bin, on the same day, from the same delivery of the same "bird". They also got ducks that day, and CornishX. No mistaking one for the others.

But the vague resemblances, plus the tendency of hatchery birds to "drift" from standard, can definitely complicate identification.

They all came out of the same bin, on the same day, from the same delivery of the same "bird". They also got ducks that day, and CornishX. No mistaking one for the others.

But the vague resemblances, plus the tendency of hatchery birds to "drift" from standard, can definitely complicate identification.
Ahh okay I didn’t realize you got them from a store. I was thinking you ordered them or something haha whoops.

And yeah that’s true!!

Back
Top Bottom