Golden Comet "pullet" feathering in white?!

hokankai

Songster
10 Years
May 18, 2010
SW WA
One of our little Golden Comet chicks is growing white feathers on her wings...The other one is growing in feathers that look exactly like our RIR's feathers. Did someone have a big "oops" moment and give us a roo?

Here "she" is:
DSCN2446.jpg

on the far right
DSCN2460.jpg

I have a little goldeb comet. She loooked like yours when I got her:
82361_new_chicks_march2011_067.jpg

She feathered in with white feathers mixed into both her wings and tail, and her body feathered in reddish gold....very pretty. She is definately a girl now at a few months old.
smile.png
The various white feathers mixed in are normal for Golden Comets. Give her a few months and she will probably start laying you eggs. I'll try to post a pic of my girl as she looks now if I get a chance.

Cute chicks by the way.
smile.png

THANK GOODNESS! She is just so sweet and I was hoping and praying it was a girl, haha. That makes me feel a lot better!

Looks like a Golden Comet to me.

I have 3 pullets. They started feathering in white then red, red, red! They each have a varying amount of white. One has almost none, the other medium amount, and the last a ton of white.

6 Days old (Bottom two are the same chicks in the next photo)
84308_dsc06765.jpg

2.5 weeks old (Chick on left is the chick standing on flower pot, Chick Right is on deck below black pullet in next photo)
84308_dsc06963.jpg

4 weeks old (one on flower pot and one in left corner)
84308_dsc07098.jpg

So you can see the start feathering in white then quickly get that red in.
smile.png

You're fine as long as they have the caramel colored racing stripes down their backs. I have a large flock of Golden Comets, and ALL of them grew white primaries first. The red feathers came later in varying degrees. Some are almost completely red, some are half red with a white butt, and some are mostly white with a red head. That's what you get for having a hybrid
tongue.png

You'll love yours, they're very friendly, inquisative, and laid back girls.

That's exactly what my baby did! But don't worry, since she was a caramel coloured chick she is a pullet!
The sex-link roo chicks are nearly white!

Mine looked like that too. Mine are about 13 weeks now. They are varying colors of red with white markings:)

Back
Top Bottom