Golden comets wanted

shellbell23

Hatching
Aug 5, 2015
Hi everyone. Just wondering if anyone knew if any hatcheries that may have golden comets for sale. Wanting to have some ready to lay this spring. Thanks!

Do they need to be golden comets? Because other breeds like Gold sex links or red sex links that do the same thing and look the same. All the hatcheries I checked that have them are sold out.

Do they need to be golden comets? Because other breeds like Gold sex links or red sex links that do the same thing and look the same. All the hatcheries I checked that have them are sold out. 
Thanks for the info. We just started is year and like the golden comets for have a good size egg and just about all of them laying 7 days a week. If the others are like that and sweet and friendly natured then I wouldn't mind them either.

Golden Comet is one of a number of labels under which some hatcheries market their Red Sex Links which are produced by crossing a red gene rooster with a silver gene hen. Most hatcheries carry them under some label such as Red Sex Link, Gold Sex Link, Brown Sex Link, Golden Buff, Cinnamon Queen, Isa Brown, Red Shaver, Brown Shaver, Bovans Goldline, Warrens, etc. I've ordered RSLs under a number of labels over the years including Golden Comet, but no matter which label they were marketed under, they were all egg laying machines, churning out more than 300 large brown eggs per hen per year.

Back
Top Bottom