Golden Cuckoo D'anvers?? Tiny little Bantams.

justusnak

Flock Mistress
12 Years
Feb 28, 2007
South Eastern Indiana
These little Bantams were brought to our rescue today...I have no idea the breed, but they are SUPER small, a LOT smaller than my Bantam Cochin's Anyone know the breed? Golden Cuckoo D'anvers??

finally tracked down the tread Justusnak

I'm about 100% sure they are dun cuckoo with some yellow leakage from quail in the back ground..
Dont know if they are from my stock or not. I made the dun cuckoo about 3 years ago and have sent out quite a few eggs and chicks off them.
They could be side effects of someones crele project with them too. The light in the pics leave me guessing a bit. The hen does look dun though for sure. Being that dun is extremely rare in d'anvers, IF that is infact what they are, they are more than likely from mine. I have sent a lot up your way over the years. Here's some of mine to compare too. The dun I used to make them came from dun quail, and they have thrown a few with the color leakage in the males. Betting that's what your male is doing, giving that goldish color to the shoulders and hackle.

thanks for the comments too hdowden!!

your welcome. i just love your birds and you can tell you put a lot of work into them and they look fantastic. i'm hoping to be able to get some some time next year
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom