Golden Laced Orpingtons

Hi. There are a few of us that are working on Golden Laced Orpinton projects. As far as I know, they still are not available in the US. I think everyone of us would die for one of those overseas Golden Orps.

Do a search on Orpington and you will find there are quite a few BYC people working on various Orpington colors.

Thanks!
thumbsup.gif
Someone sent me a link, to the other post. It is very interesting. I am going to follow it closely. I may even try breedng some myself.
yippiechickie.gif
Could be interesting.

Last edited:
Im not selling yet but this is what I have.
18281_100_0238-667x654.jpg

18281_golden_roo.jpg

I am aware that they are not of the Quality of some of the stock in the UK how ever that is where this stock came from. I did not get my stock from a show farm and I know they will still need some work to get them to their full glory.

wow... When you are ready to sell eggs, please, please let us know....

These are at the top of my "must have" list.

And how on earth does one import chickens?

Quote:
Importing eggs involves finding a breeder that wants to go to the trouble. You have to get the paper work from the USDA send it to your seller and they then have to have their flock Vet checked and follow all of the procedures that a lined out for them on the paper work. After all of this this it takes them a full two weeks to get here and the cost is out the roof and the chance of them hatching is slim to none. I got about 50 eggs and had 2 hatch.

However to be honest I did not know all of this stuff at the time and got my eggs with out following all of the proper guide lines. I got a visit from the USDA and they gave me a heafty fine that doubled what it cost me to get the eggs here. I am so thankful they didnt take my birds! The 2 birds where not enough for me to keep the gene pool going. so I am now crossing them with splash, and buff orpingtons.

this is a pic i took today of my gl roo 3-9-2009
keep in mind my stock is only about 10 months old and they are not full color or size yet.
18281_dsc00321.jpg

this is a pic that was posted on another thread of a GLO in the UK compare if you like but its very clear that I have what I say I have.
18281_980e.jpg

here are some of my eggs
18281_dsc00329.jpg

Last edited:
That particular GLO is not from UK. A friend of mine had that bird and she lived in Poland. She imported GLO from Germany. I believe Germany has some of the best developed GLO. I know of several UK people who are getting there stock from Germany.

Back
Top Bottom