Golden Laced Polish...supposed to have beards and muffs or none?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by emartin, Jun 20, 2009.

1. emartin

emartin Songster

Apr 19, 2009
    Hi, we have about 11 Gold Laced Polish from ideal poultry and we noticed one definitely has HUGE muffs and a beard, while the others just have wattles coming in.

So are they supposed to have beards and muffs for the gold laced variety or just have wattles?

~Ed

2. Krys109uk

Krys109uk Songster

3. Vcomb

Vcomb Songster

Aug 19, 2008
    South Dakota
    My Coop
    they are recognized in both bearded and nonbearded, though most beardeds have some nonbearded blood in them as you can see by the males having wattles.

4. emartin

emartin Songster

Apr 19, 2009
    Quote:Is it also the same with Nonbeared varieties once in a while having beards and muffs? I don't think Ideal's Polish are the bearded variety since the illustrations they chose for the gold laced show the nonbearded variety and so far I think this one juvenile is the only one with a beard and muff while the other gold laced just have wattles coming in (other than my all white polish which came from a private breeder), plus our buff laced polish from there also does not have a beard.

And could in this situation with one of them having beards and muffs in the group indicate gender, or is it the same with Ameraucanas and EEs that they can once in a while produce some rumpless birds?

~Ed

5. emartin

emartin Songster

Apr 19, 2009
    Yep just confirmed today only the one gold laced has the beard and muffs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: