Golden laced Wyandotte and golden comet mix

The chicks that I just had hatch are mixed between buff Orpington rooster / golden comet hen . Also had in the mix Dominique hen .

Chicks that will be hatching in a couple weeks are gonna be the Wyandotte and comets .
Hoping to get all sold . And get all matching chickens so I won’t have mix breeds .

Yes, its been done.

The results are unpredictable. The Golden Comet isn't a breed, its a Hybrid. Worse, there is no agreement between the hatcheries as to the breed of the parent stock used to make the Hybrid. While its often RIR and White leg, not every hatchery goes that route.

Golden Comet is just a name given by the Hatcheries to highly productive Sex linked hybrids that are owned by just two larger parent company but are made out of the same genetics.

This is a link of a thread I made about their genetics.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...derstanding-the-genetics-behind-them.1322163/

You can expect that a Golden Comet is eWh/eWh(wheaten at the e locus), Co/Co(Columbian), I/i+(Heterozygous dominant White), pg+/pg+, ml+/ml+ s/-(sex linked gold)

Golden Laced Wyandottes are eb/eb(Partridge at the e locus), Co/Co(Columbian), i+/i+, Pg/Pg(Pattern Gene), Ml/Ml(Melanotic), s+/s+(sex linked gold)

The F1s of that Gold Laced Wyandotte/Golden Comet cross will be: 50% eWh/eb, Co/Co, I/i+, Pg/pg+, Ml/ml+, s+/s+ and 50% will be eWh/eb, Co/Co, i+/i+, Pg/pg+, Ml/ml+, s+/s+

You can expect that a Golden Comet is eWh/eWh(wheaten at the e locus), Co/Co(Columbian), I/i+(Heterozygous dominant White), pg+/pg+, ml+/ml+ s/-(sex linked gold)

Golden Laced Wyandottes are eb/eb(Partridge at the e locus), Co/Co(Columbian), i+/i+, Pg/Pg(Pattern Gene), Ml/Ml(Melanotic), s+/s+(sex linked gold)

The F1s of that Gold Laced Wyandotte/Golden Comet cross will be: 50% eWh/eb, Co/Co, I/i+, Pg/pg+, Ml/ml+, s+/s+ and 50% will be eWh/eb, Co/Co, i+/i+, Pg/pg+, Ml/ml+, s+/s+
Translation: chicks with a lot of gold or red. Half of them will have some black on them (not proper lacing, but may look like bad lacing.) The other half of the chicks will have white instead of the black.

Wyandottes are supposed to have rose combs. If the Wyandotte does, then some or all of the chicks will also have rose combs. Some "Wyandottes" have single combs, and if you breed one of those to a Golden Comet you will only get chicks with single combs.

Back
Top Bottom