Golden Laced Wyandotte or Barnevelda?

Pene and Frida

In the Brooder
9 Years
Nov 19, 2010
Dunedin, New Zealand
This chick maybe is about 10weeks?

Wanting to know if Wyandotte or Barnevelda - (it is a purebreed, New Zealand).

72265_23052011311.jpg

72265_23052011314.jpg

72265_23052011315.jpg

I got hold of the chicken breeder:

This is a single laced Barnevelder. You can get single or Double laced. I have one single laced hen. They are darker than GLW also have a single comb

I have 10 Gold Laced and she sure looks like one .
caf.gif
I found some Blue Laced on here last night and fell in love with them also . Looks like the family is going to grow , just have to find some now . I really like the Wyandottes .

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there just noticed your post, im from Dunedin too(Waitati) and was looking for people from NZ, beaut looking chooks:)

I would say Wyandotte as I have both Double gold laced Barnevelda and Gold laced Wyandotte and they both look almost the same in colour just that the Wyandotte has a pea comb and the barny's have a full comb.

I got hold of the chicken breeder:

This is a single laced Barnevelder. You can get single or Double laced. I have one single laced hen. They are darker than GLW also have a single comb
Hmmm... are you sure? What kind of comb has your hen got? If it's single, well, I'm not sure what it could be since I've not yet seen a Barnevelder with those colors. If it's a rose comb, then I'd say it's a Golden- Laced Wyandotte.

Back
Top Bottom