Golden Laced Wyandotte Thread!

Pics
Good afternoon! Hope everyone had a great 4th of July! I just found this thread and I'm thrilled. I just put my first ever batch of eggs in the incubator, 13 Easter Eggers. The wonderful woman that I bought them from threw in two GLW eggs for me! I'm in love with how beautiful these birds are. I certainly hope the two GLW make it to hatch day and beyond. It's so exciting knowing that I could have some of these in my flock. I love the pictures everyone has posted.

Hi guys,my gold laced hen just hatched 1 of her three eggs, it's 2 days early and looking great, love it to bits. I will try and get some pics but I have a local agriculture show on to day so I'm taking my gold laced roo and some other breed hens to show and then of to compete in the horse section :) wish me luck

Ten weeks on Monday. What do y'all think? I'm confused by the seemingly double lacing in the chest. Is this transitional, as in, she will out grow it and molt into nice proper lacing?
FD241DA9-4FF5-4D9A-9946-CB8C642441A6-4481-000001F5D40EFB3D.jpg

0DB68984-1434-4E74-A318-0F7A35CB7FAE-4481-000001F5CF446478.jpg

One of mine had this pattern at about the same age. It looks to have developed into normal lacing for the most part, but I can still see an edging of gold on some of the breast feathers. She is from some shipped eggs I got. I haven't seen it on any of "my" chicks.

Hello! I had a 1 year old GLW , Grape, who I sadly found dead in my yard yesterday
sad.png
. Does anyone know any breed specific information that could have played a role in her death? There was no sign of sickness, stuck eggs, nor attack. It looked as if she literally just fell over dead. The only thing I can think of is heat (it has been 95 here) however they always have water, shade and I create a little pool of water for them to stick hot feet in :) I am so curious about what happened so any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom