Golden Laced Wyandotte Thread!

quote name="seolari" url="/t/540948/golden-laced-wyandotte-thread/960#post_16820710"]Golden laced whyandotte at 7 week old

[/quote

She's cute, going to be pretty
0"] Thanks, This is my first whyandotte and they seem to me to have an elegance unmatched by other breeds that I've had.

0"] Thanks, This is my first whyandotte and they seem to me to have an elegance unmatched by other breeds that I've had.

Get yourself some blues, they will blow you away!! Amazing birds! This one runs to the end of the cage and waits for me to bend down so he can get on my shoulder

Last edited:
Get yourself some blues, they will blow you away!! Amazing birds! This one runs to the end of the cage and waits for me to bend down so he can get on my shoulder
What
a cutie! Don't encourage me I'm trying to resist chicken math this year. Maybe next year, where did you get yours from a breeder or hatchery?

Last edited:
What
a cutie! Don't encourage me I'm trying to resist chicken math this year. Maybe next year, where did you get yours from a breeder or hatchery?

A breeder, I don't know if he is a "quality breeder" to be honest I didn't ask where his birds came from but the adult flock was beautiful.

My baby glw. We are new to chickens.(and this is first attempt to post on byc) so appreciate the experience shared . Thanks [

Hey there everybody! I cross posted this to the Breed and Gendet forum, but I just wanted to check in with the real Wyandotte enthusiasts, I've had a few myself but they aren't one of the breeds I've put a lot of focus into. That may change if this bird is what I think it is.

That said, call me crazy but I think I've acquired a Mottled Golden Laced (Tolbunt) Wyandotte.

To start off, yes I know if this is true it would be one in a million. Which is why I'm skeptical about it to start off with. But, logistics of it aside, my instinct is telling me that's what I've got.

My workplace got in 35 Golden Laced Wyandotte chicks shipped in a few days ago. They originated from Belt Hatchery, which as anyone who has ordered from them knows, has a relatively limited selection. I came into work the day after they arrived to find this little oddity among them. She's definitely a Wyandotte - Aside from the white, she's got an obvious Golden Laced pattern, yellow legs, and a beautiful little rose comb. But the white is coming in all over her body and her wing feathers in the distinct pattern of a mottled bird's chick down!

It's incredibly unlikely, but my current thoughts are that somehow, some time, the mottled gene got into this particular line of Wyandottes, and somewhere far down the generations a couple of carriers were bred and out comes this little thing.

Back
Top Bottom