Golden Laced Wyandotte Thread!

Pics
Does someone have a picture of a show quality GLW roo? Particularly the head area but the rest is good too. I'd like to see how far my guy is off from show quality. I know he's not perfect, just kinda curious.

If you're looking for shape and comb, you're best looking at other varieties that win. There aren't a lot of really good GLW out there, so even a Best of Variety GLW might not be a great example for you. There are pictures a few pages back of some decent male GLW.

If you're looking for shape and comb, you're best looking at other varieties that win. There aren't a lot of really good GLW out there, so even a Best of Variety GLW might not be a great example for you. There are pictures a few pages back of some decent male GLW.

Im not actually looking to show, just kinda want to compare mine to a show quality.

I have 7, 5 week old GLWs this is my first time with GLWs and the pic is of my favorite! It's name is Rosemary(I hope it is a girl!)

Is there any chance I have pullets? I know...their wattles are HUGE and red...but I got 5 wyandotte chicks this feb (3 SL, 2 GL) and they all have big red wattles. What are the chances I picked up 5 out of 5 wyandotte roosters?

They are 10-11 weeks old:

Betty/Benny:

Eleanor/Elton:

Both of them:

They sure all look like boys to me!
Is there any chance I have pullets? I know...their wattles are HUGE and red...but I got 5 wyandotte chicks this feb (3 SL, 2 GL) and they all have big red wattles. What are the chances I picked up 5 out of 5 wyandotte roosters? They are 10-11 weeks old: Betty/Benny: Eleanor/Elton: Both of them:

Is there any chance I have pullets? I know...their wattles are HUGE and red...but I got 5 wyandotte chicks this feb (3 SL, 2 GL) and they all have big red wattles. What are the chances I picked up 5 out of 5 wyandotte roosters?

They are 10-11 weeks old:

Betty/Benny:

Eleanor/Elton:

Both of them:
If you look at the feathers on Benny, the ones near the tail are very pointed. Looks like a cockerel developing his tail. Pretty birds though! Compare their neck feathers that look like a collar. The ones on Benny are very pointed and the ones on Eleanor are more rounded. She could still be a he but she is the most likely of the two to be a girl.

I keep hoping someone will post photos of their exhibition birds.

Due to my grandfathers death I missed the biggest show of the season. I really had wanted to check out the GLW and see how mine stacked up. I know the cockerel is pretty good. My girls maybe not so much. But then I look at what other people have and I wonder if they are okay after all. Do the GLW just not get the tail set like the SLW? I have yet to see that SLW shape on a GLW.

If any of you show GLW, can you share photos and point out SOP traits to be looking for?

Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom