Golden Laced Wyandotte Thread!

Pics

I know it's not the best angle, but what are your thoughts...are my 5 1/2 week pullets actually pullets? The silver acts very Roo-ish, his comb is slightly bigger and maybe a slight pink compared to the golden. He's bigger than the golden too. I've heard people comment on color patterns. Guesses welcomed.

The golden laced looks like a pullet and the silver laced looks like a hen from the View but it's hard to tell since they're still young. Does the silver laced Wyandotte have smooth or ruff feathers? Are his/her tail feathers sloppy or smooth at the ends.

My two 10wk old GLWs have had straight tails like this:

Just a demonstration. Not actually my bird.

Recently, one of them has developed a tail that dips down at the end instead of straight. It's very odd. Could this possibly be a secret rooster?

The ones with strait tails are probably hens but they could be roosters but most likely not.
The one with the diped tail could possibly be a rooster, not sure but he probably is.

one of my GLW @ about 2 weeks from MBYC.

Nugget (man of the coop ) on the right and one of the ladies. This pic was taken today, they are 4 weeks old. Should I be worried about the markings? I ordered Golden laced but I am thinking she and one or two of the others may be Silver Laced. any thoughts?

one of my GLW @ about 2 weeks from MBYC.

Nugget (man of the coop ) on the right and one of the ladies. This pic was taken today, they are 4 weeks old. Should I be worried about the markings? I ordered Golden laced but I am thinking she and one or two of the others may be Silver Laced. any thoughts?
Nugget is a Black Laced Gold Wyandotte, and the one next to him is most certainly a Black Laced Silver. This is a common mistake, especially in hatcheries.

Back
Top Bottom